Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

BIG - Big Un Limited

hello everyone,

im sorry to ask a dumb question, but ive been out of the share market due to family issues,

I used to have a lot of RAU shares, I only got alerted by chance at centrelink,

ive searched everywhere, I cannot find the info,

but were the RAU shares taken over by BIG at a 1:1 ratio?

I purhcased in about 07 -09 so a long time ago

according to centrelink I have about 50,000 rau shares but theyve valued it at 8th aug at $1.10 which doesnt seem right on many levels,

hello everyone,

im sorry to ask a dumb question, but ive been out of the share market due to family issues,

I used to have a lot of RAU shares, I only got alerted by chance at centrelink,

ive searched everywhere, I cannot find the info,

but were the RAU shares taken over by BIG at a 1:1 ratio?

I purhcased in about 07 -09 so a long time ago

according to centrelink I have about 50,000 rau shares but theyve valued it at 8th aug at $1.10 which doesnt seem right on many levels,

Interesting story....

RAU was backdoor listed by BIG near the end of 2014. At the same time the stock went thru a 1:30 consolidation. So if you have 50,000 BIG shares then you probably had around 1.5m RAU shares in 2014.

BIG has performed very well and the share price has gone from 10c to over $1.80 as recently as July 2017. If this is an unexpected gift for you then I hope you make great use of it.

Best of luck and don't forget tax implications.

Capture.JPG

Interesting story....

RAU was backdoor listed by BIG near the end of 2014. At the same time the stock went thru a 1:30 consolidation. So if you have 50,000 BIG shares then you probably had around 1.5m RAU shares in 2014.

BIG has performed very well and the share price has gone from 10c to over $1.80 as recently as July 2017. If this is an unexpected gift for you then I hope you make great use of it.

Best of luck and don't forget tax implications.

View attachment 72471
Thank you very much my friend

I appreciate it

I had about 100k in rau shares originally. But today when i spoke to centrelink. They insisted my portfolio was 100,000 × $1.3 and there was no mistake whatsoever as they have the latest technologies linked to asx

After calling the registrar i found out there was a 1:20 followed by 1:30 consolidation.

So my 100,000 odd shares means i now have 166 bigun shares.....which isnt worth much

Thank you very much my friend

I appreciate it

I had about 100k in rau shares originally. But today when i spoke to centrelink. They insisted my portfolio was 100,000 × $1.3 and there was no mistake whatsoever as they have the latest technologies linked to asx

After calling the registrar i found out there was a 1:20 followed by 1:30 consolidation.

So my 100,000 odd shares means i now have 166 bigun shares.....which isnt worth much

That's a let down. Too bad centrelink was wrong. Oh well.

I had an alert for a close above 1.50, thought I'd get back to it and then forgot about! Gah.

Maybe it tests 2.00 again :(

Hope you had the full ride.
Only got a bit of it.
Out of it currently.

More than three months since the last post in this thread and BIG has tanked BIG-time.

screenshot-shareinvesting.anz.com-2018-02-13-09-41-58.png

$1.50 to $4.80 and then back to $1.50 again, although it is currently trading around $1.80.

The BIG (geddit?) share price collapse came last Friday when the company admitted that it had a relationship with small business lender FC Capital through its Finstro platform and that BIG's customers were paying for its services with money advanced to them by FC Capital.

That rattled market confidence and holders started dumping the stock in droves. Plenty of retail punters got burnt and I think BIG is going to be on the nose for a while now as a result.

Things are sounding grim for Big Un Limited.
ASX:BIG
8th May 2018

ASIC Determination

Big Un Limited (ASX:BIG, or ‘BIG’) advises that the Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC) has made a determination under section 713(6) of the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth) (Act) that BIG may not rely on section 713 of the Act (special prospectus content rules for continuously quoted securities) until 2 May 2019. This has arisen due to BIG not lodging its 31 December 2017 half-year report with ASIC by 15 March 2018.

The practical effect of ASIC's determination is that if BIG wishes to issue a prospectus prior to 3 May 2019, it must comply with the full-form prospectus requirements of the Act. BIG advises that this is a discrete determination by ASIC and BIG is still in discussions with ASIC with regard to other matters and there is no certainty at this stage as to when the securities of BIG will be reinstated to quotation.

The Company is currently working diligently towards completion of its reviewed half yearly accounts. At this stage, there remains uncertainty as to when these accounts can be lodged.

"At this stage, there remains uncertainty as to when these accounts can be lodged."

Why? How much time do their accountants need? I'm starting to wonder if BIG shares are ever going to re-list. I feel for anyone caught up in this mess, but instinct tells me that this is all going to end very badly.

Amazing how these things slip by the regulator until it all goes pear shaped.
Because they're reactive instead of proactive. Proactivity requires a lot of work and time. Reactivity is easy because you just sit back until something is brought to your attention, then you move slowly to remedy it. You move slowly so that people get the impression it's not worth the effort to complain, thereby reducing your work load and stress load. Most regulatory and political bodies work this way. Whack-a-Mole.

Too late now but there was a significant chage of behaviour in the shaded area, then a break below that. Holding when a small cap does that is too risky because the chance of recovery is way too small. I know it's easy to say, but for next time.

x.jpg

Too late now but there was a significant chage of behaviour in the shaded area, then a break below that. Holding when a small cap does that is too risky because the chance of recovery is way too small. I know it's easy to say, but for next time.

View attachment 87309

I held this company via Republic Gold RAU that explored in Mozambique and had a gold mine in Bolivia - sold the Bolivian gold mine for 20% of its worth under duress from riots and Government pressure. Found nothing in Mozambique and directors realised all the cash would disappear and decided to go into apps and later Big TV after an amalgamation.

At one point when BIG reached 9c about 90% of my investment, was, I thought, down the plug hole. Added more from 12c to 40c and sold out between $1.50 and $2.85. After the last sell the shares immediately took off to nearly $5.00.

One thing always puzzled me and that was that there were no placings or cash raising from share holders. This was like a blissful night out that was free including all the booze and no one much bothered. Somehow all news was good news or absolutely wonderful. However, this did remind me a bit about the story of Poseidon. Started offer when a director said, "I kicked a boulder and then picked it up and it was solid nickel" - the rest of the story is well known back in 1970.
The Poseidon Bubble
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poseidon_bubble

Amazingly Poseidon NL never went bust and still exists today. Western Mining bought them out for peanuts and mined all the nickel. Poseidon Nickel Limited POS still own rights over the same Windarra area nearly 50 years later.

So there is hope for BIG again and I hope ASIC and Co solve the present problems. Hopefully rumours of it being a Ponzi-cash-raising-scheme are wide of the mark - very good luck shareholders.

Big Un Limited CEO Mr Richard Evertz has today tendered his resignation, effective immediately. It wasn't one of those warm and fuzzy announcements where the departing CEO gets thanked for his contributions to the company, so I think it's fair to say the departure probably wasn't on good terms.

In an earlier announcement the company reported that Big Review TV Ltd has been placed into voluntary liquidation "to allow for the restructure of its business via a Deed of Company Arrangement ('DOCA') and preserve value for shareholders of Big Un Limited".

The big question is, will this company ever re-list? No word yet from the company on this issue. :unsure: