Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

ANN - Ansell Limited

Reactions
Classic Flag Pole trade with strong support at previous highs, flag formation on contracting volume, expect breakout tomorrow 01/09. If no break, flag not valid. Pattern not validated. Price target 12.09 (derived from extension of pole) Stop between 10.45 - 10.5
See chart

Cheers

Attachments

• ann.GIF
    ann.GIF
    29.4 KB · Views: 209
Re: 'Ansell' raises its Flag

ryanmollaun said:
Classic Flag Pole trade with strong support at previous highs, flag formation on contracting volume, expect breakout tomorrow 01/09. If no break, flag not valid. Pattern not validated. Price target 12.09 (derived from extension of pole) Stop between 10.45 - 10.5
See chart

Cheers

Welcome to ASF Ryan!
Nice work there, ascending triangle breakout too. Let's see if it fails or is confirmed.

ryanmollaun said:
See chart

Cheers

Ansell: the condom maker, I cannot help but think that your post although it sounds very technical in terms of charting; contains sexual connotations right? Just got a little chuckle out of it. LOL

- 'Ansell' raises its Flag
- Flag Pole
- Contracting
- Extension Pole
- Strong Support

Yes, I agree. It seems to be pointing up and ready to go off. :D

Caught this last movement and sold when it hit my resistance. Nice little trade I must say and it does look like its consolidated so will look at going long with calls today.

Attachments

• ANN.gif
    ANN.gif
    20.2 KB · Views: 95

Sorry, pardon my manners ryanmoulan. Welcome to ASF. :)

Well spotted and nice Technical skills.

Trading since you were 15, wow. Thats great and good luck with it.

ANN not moving up as strongly as I thought it would so am leaving it alone. Will look to go short if XJO looks like its faltering tomorrow.

Currently in Share buy-back mode. Looks like it might be coming to an end.

Re: ANN - Ansell raises its Flag

Looked at this when it was $10 last year and it ran, so i missed the boat on it and i just noticed the price nearing $8. Goes ex div in a couple of days, seems a decent enough divvie. Anyway, i notice there are bugger all buyers v sellers and while (i think) i think this looks stable enough i was after an opinion from some well seasoned peoples. The only thing is some of the numbers from their reports are lower than the previous year, like most i guess, but it has been down trending for some time now.

With this SP dropping so close to the div date, and the lack of buyers, does this point to a further price drop after div date? or is it a flip of the coin that it could go either way??

Re: ANN - Ansell - potential breakout?

In the short term, ANN appears to have broken above its trend channel and the technical set up appears quite favourable in an otherwise soggy market. I believe the price could trade higher in the short term but a respect of support at $17 before a further rally upwards would be very positive. I note that a level of caution is warranted ahead of full year results where we will see how management performs against its challenging earnings target as well as seeing the growth outlook into FY14. Management need to deliver 36% EPS growth in the second half (compared to 2H FY12) to hit the midpoint of their guidance range. Every day that passes without an earnings update on FY13 makes me more comfortable on the outlook for the stock.

Picture1.png

Re: ANN - Ansell - potential breakout?

In the short term, ANN appears to have broken above its trend channel and the technical set up appears quite favourable in an otherwise soggy market. I believe the price could trade higher in the short term but a respect of support at $17 before a further rally upwards would be very positive. I note that a level of caution is warranted ahead of full year results where we will see how management performs against its challenging earnings target as well as seeing the growth outlook into FY14. Management need to deliver 36% EPS growth in the second half (compared to 2H FY12) to hit the midpoint of their guidance range. Every day that passes without an earnings update on FY13 makes me more comfortable on the outlook for the stock.

View attachment 52719

Today's rally was even stronger than expected (up over 3% since my post above). I'd prefer to see the stock retest $17 to provide confirmation of the breakout but happy where it is heading!

Almost five years since the last post in this thread.

After finding support around $21 in August last year, Ansell Limited has steamed ahead over the last nine months and now looks set to break through $27.

Has ANN run too far too fast or does it have further to go?

big.chart-ANN.gif

attempting to read this chart with vsa. happy for anyone to provide input or feedback as I am quite new at using vsa.

tech/a - if you see this, do you have a guideline for drawing your range boxes when there are so many vcb's?

Attachments

• ANN_1907v1.JPG
    ANN_1907v1.JPG
    163.3 KB · Views: 16
ANN is a business I have always had an interest in, I have never quite got to investing in it though. The debt level is probably the thing that has kept me out.

I've picked ANN in the February tipping comp. At a close of 32.04/share on 31 Jan 2020 the stock has risen from 29.20 on 2 Jan 2020. Although the half year results do not get released until 18 Feb 2020, there are many reasons to expect ANN will be a beneficiary of the dire situation developing by the spread of the Coronavirus. My weekly system had already bought ANN at 24.70 in Feb 2019, but current global events have caused me to re-look at this stock