Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

August 2024 Stock Competition Entries!

WHOOPS !

forgot to wave to @Faramir as i went by

am waving now

( was too busy trying to pay for the TAH i bought today )

good luck everyone

i hold @qldfrog isn't getting my B12 injections to substitute for those voodoo pins

😂

I really should have eased up on that poor pin-riddled froggy voodoo doll. I just wanted to ensure he didn't overtake me, didn't want to knock him out of the competition entirely! Plus... I think karma bit me hard in response to my efforts... I lost about a quarter of a million bucks last year, which was impressive considering in 2020 I got wiped out to the point I literally couldn't afford warm clothes or proper food and shivered hungrily through most of my first winter in a decade, but it was tough dragging myself out of that, having some money to lose... then actually losing it! Maybe I'll pull that tired old doll out of the gutter and start bathing it in milk and honey, see what karma does for me over the next couple of years.

I really should have eased up on that poor pin-riddled froggy voodoo doll. I just wanted to ensure he didn't overtake me, didn't want to knock him out of the competition entirely! Plus... I think karma bit me hard in response to my efforts... I lost about a quarter of a million bucks last year, which was impressive considering in 2020 I got wiped out to the point I literally couldn't afford warm clothes or proper food and shivered hungrily through most of my first winter in a decade, but it was tough dragging myself out of that, having some money to lose... then actually losing it! Maybe I'll pull that tired old doll out of the gutter and start bathing it in milk and honey, see what karma does for me over the next couple of years.
@Sdajii Sitting pretty comfortable in 2hs posi though.

ONCE IN A LIFETIME OPPORTUNITY.

LEX.ASX

LEFROY.

I just thought I'd put that up in capitals so's it might appear in a google search and attract buyers so that my yapper beats all other yappers in the Competition.

Woof woof bloody woof.

gg

so, it's down to Friday

1 and 2 are looking good, and there are 4 or 5 possibles for 3rd ... just not the same ones as a few days ago ?!

1.accessEXR
0.1​
0.05​
2.SdajiiDEL
0.069​
0.016​
3.rcm617STK
0.096​
0.014​
4.finickyNXM
0.038​
0.005​
5.Sean KCEL
0.048​
0.006​
6.FerretIMU
0.053​
0.006​
7.MuchadoADO
0.02​
0.002​
8.Garpal GumnutLEX
0.08​
0.003​

so, it's down to Friday

1 and 2 are looking good, and there are 4 or 5 possibles for 3rd ... just not the same ones as a few days ago ?!

1.accessEXR
0.1​
0.05​
2.SdajiiDEL
0.069​
0.016​
3.rcm617STK
0.096​
0.014​
4.finickyNXM
0.038​
0.005​
5.Sean KCEL
0.048​
0.006​
6.FerretIMU
0.053​
0.006​
7.MuchadoADO
0.02​
0.002​
8.Garpal GumnutLEX
0.08​
0.003​
I must admit to feeling quietly confident of an upset win.

gg

gg nothing wrong with being quietly confident.
I could say the same but will settle for break even.
I had a look at the WHK website and was impressed by the people. I’ll post more in its thread. It may be worth another go for Sept. if you don’t want it let me know mate and I’ll throw a cybersecure dart at it.

gg

this is tightening up... down to the wire

At 11am, EXR up 6 per cent, DEL up 23 per cent

The leaderboard didn't update to show it, but a few minutes ago I was in first place! :O From first place on the first day to dead last place and back to first on the last day! Crazy ride.

Incidentally, DEL released their preliminary final report this morning (hence the jump in price which isn't yet showing up on the leaderboard which hasn't updated yet today), it looks absolutely amazing. I bought in last month when things were looking good but it was vague and unconfirmed. Today's figures look incredible, growth is huge (it won't necessarily continue at the same rate and become a 100 bagger but it's huge), the enterprise value is only about $10M, revenue is huge relative to market cap (PE is only about 4-5, plus there's great growth!).

Might seem like shameless ramping to get myself the win in the competition, but I did buy in last month hoping to see results like this and it's better than I expected - worth a look.

The leaderboard didn't update to show it, but a few minutes ago I was in first place! :O From first place on the first day to dead last place and back to first on the last day! Crazy ride.
leader board refreshes an hour late. so 11am prices will be up at noon...

you may have to wait until 5pm (and buy some more !?) .. good luck. 👍

leader board refreshes an hour late. so 11am prices will be up at noon...

you may have to wait until 5pm (and buy some more !?) .. good luck. 👍
Yeah, so as of the noon update I think I'll appear to be in second place, marginally behind first (EXR is also having a positive day, I hope access is a holder, he's done well this month). It is set to be an exciting finish today.

Glad I bought DEL last month, and yeah, it is quite tempting to top up on this morning's news. If I hadn't just been looking through the portfolio trying to work out what to sell to fuel my own cash burn, I would have topped up already.

Congratulations to @access, @Sdajii, and @rcm617 for taking out the top three spots in the August 2024 stock tipping competition! :xyxthumbs

Access finished in first place with a remarkable 65% return with EXR. In second place was Sdajii who achieved an enviable 52.17% with DEL. Rounding out the top three for August was rcm617 who selected STK, which returned a solid 19.79%.

Can @access, @Sdajii, and @rcm617 please contact me via PM regarding their prizes.

Best of luck to all in the September competition! :)

Here are the final results for August:

0824end.jpg
Access