Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

The Albanese government

Who is going to be the first to try and knife Airbus next year?

• Marles

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Chalmers

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Wong

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Plibersek

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Shorten

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Burney

• Other

• Total voters
Does he last as leader for a full 3 years? Or is it entirely dependent on the polls?

Surely he'll have no issues fending off Dutton in a popularity contest?

Yes he does last.

The Labor party changed it's rules about electing leaders after the Rudd/Gillard/Rudd fiasco.
That's good, because I think Albo is the nearest to a grass roots leader the party has had in a long, long time.
Not being a camera/media attention seeking leader is a change and will give him the chance to bring about some sensible improvements IMO.
It may be the dawn of a new Labor era, which would be refreshing. :xyxthumbs

That's good, because I think Albo is the nearest to a grass roots leader the party has had in a long, long time.
Not being a camera/media attention seeking leader is a change and will give him the chance to bring about some sensible improvements IMO.

Yes. I thought Beazley was a decent bloke too, but he couldn't beat Howard.

First things out of Albo's and Wong's mouth was all identity politics... Not even CC.

If they want a new era of grass roots politics, then they're going to have to get rid of that, because that is what will keep sowing the divisiveness that we currently have.

First things out of Albo's and Wong's mouth was all identity politics... Not even CC.

If they want a new era of grass roots politics, then they're going to have to get rid of that, because that is what will keep sowing the divisiveness that we currently have.
As long as Wong didn't have her hand up the back of his shirt, operating his mouth, it should be all good. IMO

I'm worried I'm going to end up with an electric lemon.
Highly possible, it doesn't matter to me a lot, being retired I can use either the standard bike, electric bike, electric scooter or electric car and public transport.
I don't think I would be jumping in for a few more years if I was still working, there is still a lot of ironing out to be done with infrastructure and the tax issue/ cost issue.
There are a lot of issues that no one has got upset about yet, because they are new and novel, but like in W.A they are putting a 2.5c/klm charge on E.V's for loss of fuel excise, but that is a Fed tax the States only get the GST component from memory. Will the Feds put their own tax on?

Then you have the fact that in W.A the State owns the electricity network, so where they were not getting anything from the actual fossil fuel sale now, they will be getting near 30c per Kw/Hr if people use mains to charge.
So at approx 19Kw/100klm which the Ionic 5 gets on the highway, that means the State Govt will then get about $5.70 less the cost of production, or $57/ 1,000klm plus the 2.5c/klm = $25, well it is still cheaper than fuel, but at $82/1,000klm it wouldn't want electricity costs to skyrocket. :rolleyes:

If you had a small SUV say the Kona like I'm buying, the ICE model is half the price and gets say 7l/100kl so it would use 142l of petrol @$2 so about $300/ 1,000klm, but it costs $30,000 less.

That is unless you have your own solar and can charge during the day, not many wage slaves will fall into that category, while renting to save a deposit for a house.
Ah the art of misdirection, the Govt gives with one hand and taketh away with the other.
From my understanding of how it is set up, it certainly won't take Mark long, to get his E.V incentive payment back. ?

Last edited:
Back to the future...

z.jpg

Good start from Albenese.

China says congratulations and we want good relations with Australia, blah blah blah.
Albanese straight back with "if you want improved relations with us then drop the tarrifs."

Direct, straight down the line. So nice.

And stop cyber attacking us would be nice too.

Good start from Albanese.
At last an old school politician with a bit of class, it has been missing since 2007 IMO, as I said pre election Albo might take Labor back to its roots, rather than trying to make politics a media soap opera for attention seekers.
You can't expect the general public and the media to have respect for politicians, when they can't treat each other with common decency.

One feature of Mr Albanese's first week was his signal that he is apparently determined to try to improve political behaviour.

He publicly rebuked his frontbencher, Tanya Plibersek, for insulting Peter Dutton, who next week will become opposition leader.

Ms Plibersek described Mr Dutton as looking "a bit like Voldemort", the villain from Harry Potter, saying: "I think there will be a lot of children who have watched a lot of Harry Potter films who will be very frightened of what they are seeing on TV at night, that's for sure."

She later contacted Mr Dutton to apologise. Mr Albanese said her comment had been unacceptable.

"I think that, in politics, we need to treat each other with respect. And I think that's important. Tanya recognises that, which is why she apologised," the new PM said.

At last an old school politician with a bit of class, it has been missing since 2007 IMO, as I said pre election Albo might take Labor back to its roots, rather than trying to make politics a media soap opera for attention seekers.
You can't expect the general public and the media to have respect for politicians, when they can't treat each other with common decency.

One feature of Mr Albanese's first week was his signal that he is apparently determined to try to improve political behaviour.

He publicly rebuked his frontbencher, Tanya Plibersek, for insulting Peter Dutton, who next week will become opposition leader.

Ms Plibersek described Mr Dutton as looking "a bit like Voldemort", the villain from Harry Potter, saying: "I think there will be a lot of children who have watched a lot of Harry Potter films who will be very frightened of what they are seeing on TV at night, that's for sure."

She later contacted Mr Dutton to apologise. Mr Albanese said her comment had been unacceptable.

"I think that, in politics, we need to treat each other with respect. And I think that's important. Tanya recognises that, which is why she apologised," the new PM said.
Wasn't Tanya part of the "squad" that bullied one of the other members?

I will be saving my fulsomeness(sic) for a few months in if warranted.

Listening to QandA last night, there was no evidence of this new magnanimity from the minions