Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Popping Festering Cankers

This completely stupid and nonsensical canker of a conversation explains why these fora appear so light-weight.

Lighten up Tin hat.:)

I think this is a clever, thoughtful and above all realistic thread

The reality is that the small miners/some star ups are the most speculative and often the most suss areas of "investment". In many cases it is about smoke and mirrors and people attempting to persuade whoever will bite that buying shares in the next you beaut reincarnation of Poseidon will make them instant millionaires.

Recognising this in a light hearted way might keep some feet on the ground and money in the bank. I can't think of a single good reason why shonky promoters and dishonest company directors should be encouraged when they are plenty of good quality investments around.:2twocents

Totally agree with the above two posters and I have had my fair share of bad luck with these.

I occasionally put on small positions on this type of stocks if I see a good reason for decent upside, but generally I stay away from these and only purchase stocks higher up the ladder such as those in my portfolios published on ASF.

So keeping with lightheartedly talking about stocks with regards to any pop ups in this space, I think AJX may fit the bill.
1606483351477.png

Once again not investment advice or any form of suggestion to punp it or to dunp it but something I came across, so please DYOR.

Lighten up Tin hat.:)

I think this is a clever, thoughtful and above all realistic thread

The reality is that the small miners/some star ups are the most speculative and often the most suss areas of "investment". In many cases it is about smoke and mirrors and people attempting to persuade whoever will bite that buying shares in the next you beaut reincarnation of Poseidon will make them instant millionaires.

Recognising this in a light hearted way might keep some feet on the ground and money in the bank. I can't think of a single good reason why shonky promoters and dishonest company directors should be encouraged when they are plenty of good quality investments around.:2twocents

OK.

Been a while since one has been posted. I believe no one will argue I have found a suitable candidate.

It is a canker. It is festering. But will it pop??

As mentioned on the UUV thread (1st post ever, lol) I took a small stake for entertainment purposes :wacky:

UUV 11Feb2021.jpg

I reckon MRQ is worthy of festering canker status.
No guarantees express or implied of the popping side of things though...?
Held.
From recent announcement.
17/1/2022

"The Company is continuing its Mineral Resource Estimate (MRE) work within Corridor South and
expects maiden MRE’s for Poiombo and Nhacutse targets within Corridor South, to be
completed in January 2022."

It was the chart that got my attention though...

View attachment 136447

I seem to recall IXR is also involved with heavy mineral sands ( HMS ) and it has done well lately.

This is no market to be chasing festering Cankers of course @frugal.rock

But this one just popped up on my radar so I thought why not post it on the "cankers":cool:

I see the Thread has been dormant for a while so it seems only fair to give it a bump

ALM is the ticker

$13 mill market cap ..... Just raised a $mill at 1 cent ... Larger than usual Volume of the recent double bottom + price jump

Will I be placing hard earned on it ... No I won't. But it does tick a few boxes if the market was not so cranky.:)

1663157872327.png

While I'm in the mood:geek: ... I see @greggles noted ASR on its Thread last Thursday after the Price/Volume spike.

4 days of consolidation on good Volume with an acceptable retrace given the market conditions.

Definitely looks to have potential as a Canker-Candidate!:wheniwasaboy:

1663158320296.png

Lots of selling in that consolidation
I doubt it’s exhausted yet. Think we need to see some decrease and a clear direction before claiming a likely direction.
Yes I agree Tech. First spikes off lows are traditionally unreliable. The PA over the next week or two will tell the real story of course. Might be worth keeping a lazy eye on after that.

Chart update.
Recent announcement got a trade halt & question letter from the ASX for a few things in their announcement, which seemed to be matter of fact, but ASX listing rules interpreted things in their own way. So after a voluntary suspension to sort out what's allowed to be said and what's not, it's back to trading.

So, the car got out of the bag. It's now back in the bag via a retraction of certain statements, but now, the cat has been seen. ?

Meanwhile, what's a Tier 1 phosphate deposit worth?
Comsec states current MC is around $43 million.

Screenshot_20221119-161339.png

Last edited: