Ahoy Brave and Loyal Crew --

"WEEK-ENDS are for CHAMPIONS"---

Oh! What a Night it was on Wall St!

What a week-end this will be !!

Please wind back to the Start

Salute and God Bless America ( tbc )
XYZ Yacht.GIF

Ahoy and Loyal Crew

We did it! --or Should I say We are about to do it on MONDAY?
As lots of Bearish Skippers are going to be Skinned Alive at Dawn on the open MONDAY!

TOP SHORTED STOCKS​

PLSPILBARA MIN LTD ORDINARY19.27%
SYRSYRAH RESOURCES ORDINARY16.87%
APXAPPEN LIMITED ORDINARY11.28%
CXOCORE LITHIUM ORDINARY11.24%
GMDGENESIS MINERALS ORDINARY9.92%
SYASAYONA MINING LTD ORDINARY9.73%
FLTFLIGHT CENTRE TRAVEL ORDINARY9.30%
IELIDP EDUCATION LTD ORDINARY9.12%
BOQBANK OF QUEENSLAND. ORDINARY8.34%
LLCLENDLEASE GROUP FPO/UNITS STAPLED7.76%
WBTWEEBIT NANO LTD ORDINARY7.53%
OBLOMNI BRIDGEWAY LTD ORD US PROHIBITED7.39%
LTRLIONTOWN RESOURCES ORDINARY7.14%
ARUARAFURA RARE EARTHS ORDINARY6.96%
IMUIMUGENE LIMITED ORDINARY6.81%
PENPENINSULA ENERGY LTD ORDINARY6.80%
MSBMESOBLAST LIMITED ORDINARY6.76%
HVNHARVEY NORMAN ORDINARY6.70%
ACLAU CLINICAL LABS ORDINARY6.57%
SHVSELECT HARVESTS ORDINARY6.23%

LITHIUM looks like She may have Bottomed at last

Sailing LITHIUM ------One WEEK at a Time ------&---------One DAY at a time ----------------------&----------5 MINUTES at a Time
1701488191273.png
Looking at how the Yanks Sailed a few of their Lithium Mainsails overnight suggests to me that they think the Bottom is in also

Sailing the ALB ------One WEEK at a Time ------&---------One DAY at a time --(+4.89%)----------&----------5 MINUTES at a Time
1701488823507.png
Sailing the SQM ------One WEEK at a Time ------&---------One DAY at a time --(+7.48%)----------&----------5 MINUTES at a Time
1701490352726.png
Sailing the SGML------One WEEK at a Time ------&---------One DAY at a time --(+3.77%)--------&----------5 MINUTES at a Time
1701490194808.png
Salute and HOLD on TIGHT

HMAS  Ship of Fools.gif and That's not all (tbc over the Week-end)

Attachments

• 1701489196965.png
    1701489196965.png
    477.4 KB · Views: 2
Ahoy Brave and Loyal Crew
Let's go back Back to the Beginnings!
The Beginnings of the Nasdaq
Welcome to the times we call NOW!
In the Olden days we had TWO (2) Economies
The Old Economy was the DJIA
The New Economy was the NASDAQ
As the Tech bubble flourished and all monies flowed into the Tech Sector
The OLD brigade

ie: The DJIA needed to admit a few High Techs to fill their failing support arena

OTHERWISE they were Doomed
True but True it was!
Nowadays
Welcome to the OLD ECONOMY meeting and the NEW ECONOMY again!

After more than 20 years!---these Charts will astound you

Trust me!
If not you can always Sue my recalcitrant Sea cadet Barney

He deserves What EVER YOU CAN THROW AT HIM

Only Joking Barney !
I knew you would only take it as a joke
Many thanks for your kind emoji

PS I just needed to know if you were still onboard

XYZ Yacht.GIF
(To be Continued )

Last edited:
After more than 20 years!---these Charts will astound you If not you can always Sue my recalcitrant Sea cadet Barney

Lol .... I am unsure whether that is an endorsement or a rejection el-Capitaan, but I respect your assessment!

My only hope is, still, that you might release the "crew" that has been relegated to the inevitable "plank walk" ..

And welcome their discussion ... whether it be favorable or not?!

Even a recalcitrant crew member can throw the "Captain" a life preserver when he has unfortunately fallen overboard ;) :happy:

Lol .... I am unsure whether that is an endorsement or a rejection el-Capitaan, but I respect your assessment!

My only hope is, still, that you might release the "crew" that has been relegated to the inevitable "plank walk" ..

And welcome their discussion ... whether it be favorable or not?!

Even a recalcitrant crew member can throw the "Captain" a life preserver when he has unfortunately fallen overboard ;) :happy:
I will only release the Captain's Mutineers when Hamas releases all the Israeli Hostages

As can be clearly seen in the Charts below The NEW economy has halted its magnificent run ---for the moment

Sailing the NASDAQ--One WEEK at a Time ----&--------------One DAY at a time ------------------&----------5 MINUTES at a Time
1701565564751.png

NB: How the OLD economies have separated from the influence of those Magnificent 7+3 Tall Ships
Sailing the DJIA------One WEEK at a Time ------&-------------One DAY at a time ---------------------&----------5 MINUTES at a Time

1701566098678.png
And the Best of all is the fact that The Old Economy is the Home of the Mining and Resource Classifications

Sailing the RUSSELL 2000--One WEEK at a Time -&-----One DAY at a time -(+2.92%)-----------&----------5 MINUTES at a Time

1701566339345.png
A quick Survey of How our Metals and Miners performed at the Close of Week should give us a good idea what to expect at Dawn
( To be continued later)

Salute and take a Well earned rest from surveying the charts
HMAS  Ship of Fools.gifThis could get Very Exciting!

We are known Worldwide as the Aussie Diggers
and Our Little Aussie Battler is Known as a Commodity Currency

Sailing the AUD -----------One WEEK at a Time -----------------------------------&-----------------One DAY at a time
1701571468467.png
The Best performing Sector in America was the "Metals and Mining"
Sailing the Metals & Mining -----------One WEEK at a Time ----------------&-----------------One DAY at a time

1701571888727.png
Sailing our BHP in America -----------One WEEK at a Time ----------------&-----------------One DAY at a time (+3.25%)
1701572455389.png

Sailing our RIO in America -----------One WEEK at a Time -----------------&-----------------One DAY at a time (+3%)
1701572692056.png
And YES you guessed it
There is much more to come

Salute and take another well earned rest
HMAS  Ship of Fools.gif

Going Back to the Future and In Memory of the MIM Boom of the 1960's

Sailing for COPPER-----------One WEEK at a Time -------------------------------&-----------------One DAY at a time (+2.1%)
1701575112960.png

Sailing the Copper Miners ETF in America ---One WEEK at a Time ----&-----------------One DAY at a time (+4.34%)

1701575267483.png
I spotted Captain Peter the 2nd hoisting his much loved FCX and SCCO
He is a fellow Captain who is Good, Very Good!

Sailing the FCX in America -----------One WEEK at a Time -----------------&-----------------One DAY at a time (+5.14%)

1701575417301.png
Sailing the SCCO in America -----------One WEEK at a Time -----------------&-----------------One DAY at a time (+6.69%)
1701576003069.png
Salute and take another Well Earned Rest
HMAS  Ship of Fools.gif

Surveying 4 Charts is about my Attention Span limit but enough to get a Feel of Things

and
PS: By Popular demand GOLD will be surveyed next

" The WEEK-END is for CHAMPIONS" on the Global Exchange

Australia was built on the Discovery of Gold in the Victoria around the 1860's
My first Broker in the late 1960's was on the Bendigo Stock exchange
Yes there was Such a thing!

Sailing for GOLD on the Global Exchange ---One WEEK at a Time ----&-----------------One DAY at a Time (+1.75%)
1701579601218.png

Sailing the GOLD Miners in America -----------One WEEK at a Time ---&-----------------One DAY at a Time (+1.56%)
1701580408972.png
Sailing for SILVER on the Global Exchange--One WEEK at a Time -----&-----------------One DAY at a time (+0.83%)
1701581596641.png

Sailing the SILVER Miners in America -----------One WEEK at a Time -----------------&-----------------One DAY at a time (+2.24%)

1701582030444.png

Salute and Gods Speed at Dawn
HMAS Ship of Fools.jpg
This promises to be one of the most anticipated Open at Dawn I have ever seen

NB: Hold on Tight Brave and Loyal Crew
The Gaps up on the open at Dawn should be breathtaking

Last edited:

Here comes the Wind -----One Day and 30 mins late ---
Let's hope she doesn't fizzle out again ---

Sailing for LITHIUM --One WEEK at a Time ----&--------------One DAY at a Time -----------------&----------5 MINUTES at a Time
1701741618675.png
Salute and Gods' Speed

XYZ Yacht.GIF

PS: Late Edit
Wow! She's +3.75% 0ff her lows in the fist hour today

1701742520167.png

Last edited:

We are looking Good ---Hold onto your hats ---
The Winds are strengthening nicely NB: + 7.00% in the first hour today

Sailing for LITHIUM --One WEEK at a Time ----&------One DAY at a Time -(+ 7%)----------------&----------5 MINUTES at a Time
1701829439784.png
Salute and Gods' Speed
XYZ Yacht.GIF

"WEEK-ENDS are for CHAMPIONS"---
The Golden Age of Stock Pickers and The Golden Age of Sail Selection is-------
the same-----Nothing ever Changes ---
ENJOY!

I quote from the Secret Broker

'After 35 years of stockbroking for some of the biggest houses and investors in Australia and the UK, the Secret Broker is regaling Stockhead readers with his colourful war stories — from the trading floor to the dealer’s desk.

One of Charlie Munger’s quotes was that you should try every day to end your day a bit more wiser than when you got up.

What I didn’t expect was that my reading to gain a bit more knowledge in my life would end up with this week’s article including the words ‘knickerbocker’ and ‘piggly wiggly’.

I must admit, I would think of Munger’s quote after a big night out, having just woken with a hangover and then reached for the Panadol.

‘There,’ I would say, ‘I am now a bit wiser, as I should have taken them before I went to bed last night!’

Now, I must admit that me and Mrs Broker have given up watching TV in favour of spending much more time reading and using a charcoal grill to slowly cook our evening meals (which can take up to three hours).

We haven’t stopped the alcohol content, just the gogglebox content. Food intake is excellent and our knowledge intake is even more excellent.

So, I’m reading about the Godfather of Day Trading, Jesse Livermore.

What an absolute legend.

He turned US$10,000 into US$500,000 in 1924, when he was just 24 years old.

At one point in his life, he was the richest man in the world. Having been brought up in poverty, however, he did manage to go bankrupt four times, which is something that my brain instantly wants to skip over.

I only want to enjoy the fun bits, not the sad bits.

The morbid ones amongst you will just point out this bankruptcy fact and then continue to go on stock forums blaming everyone else for their woeful stock picking skills.

The fact that they bought the wrong stock at the wrong time becomes a problem with the exchange/management/directors/shortsellers/downrampers and their mistake is never something that they will ever own.

One of the greatest trading books ever is titled ‘Reminiscences of a Stock Operator’, which was first published in 1923 and is still in print today.

The book is based on interviews with Jesse Livermore but portrayed as a fictional character called Larry Livingston. It was written by Edwin Lefèvre.

It basically follows this trader around and includes the highlights of his trading days and the positions he was taking on.

It also includes the bits where he would go short, so yes folks, shorting is not a new thing. It was easier in those days as you never had to really settle a trade until you closed it out.

Livermore looked older than he was, so he managed to get a job in a broking house when he was 16 and he quickly learned how to read the ticker tapes.

He realised that if you studied them long enough, you could see that nothing was random and certain stocks would follow patterns and waves.

He used this knowledge to leverage himself up and go speculate big time.

In the lead-up to the great crash of 1929, he was shorting the market via more than 100 brokers to disguise what he was up to.

At one point he was down US$6m, however, by the autumn of 1929, things started to go his way and on the actual day of the crash, he closed out his positions and finished up US$100m.

Caught with your knockerbockers down

Before this win, he got involved in the panic of 1907, where he made US$1m in a single day. This is where the word knickerbocker starts to kick in.

The Knickerbocker Trust was a bank based in New York City that was, at one time, among the largest banks in the United States.

It was a central player in the Panic of 1907, after one of its founders had used the funds entrusted in it to try and corner the copper market (see again, there is nothing new about commodity manipulation) and upon cracks appearing in this speculation, there was a run on the bank and other bank stocks.

Being short made Jesse US$1m and then turning around and going long made him another US$3m.

In 1907! What a legend.

At one point, he had an office of 60 people working for him as he went around speculating on things.

He also played around a bit, having affairs here and there and lots of mistresses on the go and his lifestyle was large. Very large.

He became such a legend in trading that he would be paid handsomely for advice. One person who sought out his advice was a gentleman who went by the name of Clarence Saunders.

Clarence had listed his company on the market but he had become a target of short sellers, as he was a visionary and ahead of his time.

Even though he had been granted a patent on his revolutionary idea, the naysayers were spreading rumours as they shorted away.

So, Jesse was consulted and being the great trader that he was, he promptly went and caused a short squeeze, sending the shares from US$40 to US$120.

The patented idea was, wait for it, self-serve shops. And this company was the first in the world to introduce shopping trolleys.

Being a true outside-the-box thinker, Saunders (and this is another reason for the shorts) called his new shopping concept ‘Piggly Wiggly’.

When asked why he chose that name, he said ‘so someone would ask him that very question’!

This revolutionary vision went on to become an extremely successful franchise and help Clarence build a big pink mansion.

However, after a few failed marriages, Jesse was starting to lose his trading mojo. Sadly, he eventually ended up taking his own life.

It would appear that having found it easy making money out of the market, he could never find a time to end his speculative urges.

He once cornered the cotton market after WWII, which caused so much concern that the President of the United States called him in and asked him to stop what he was doing.

When the President asked him why he had cornered the market, he just said ‘it was to see if I could’.

From poverty, to the richest man in the world, to suicide.

What a great novel that would make for Mrs Broker to read, even though it is written in the form of roman-à-clef.

She would instantly recognise a few of the stories and then point out to me that Jesse really needed a handbrake in his life and not so many handbags. That was his downfall.

And she should know. I’m still here!

PS. My biggest personal win in one stock is $12,000 into $380,000, whilst on a two-week holiday in Noosa in 1999. Now I’m looking to corner the Panadol market, ahead of all these Xmas parties – Jesse Livermore style!"

Salute for now
HMAS  Ship of Fools.gifand Let's back to the "The Greatest Sport of Them All"

In times of Smooth Sailing
Have you ever thought of Mortgaging your House and Hoisting the Great FMG?

Sailing the Great FMG ---------------One WEEK at a Time -----------------------&---------------One DAY at a Time

View attachment 165223
Salute and Gods' Speed
View attachment 165224
For those who mortgaged homes to Hoist the FMG as advised LOL!
+ 10.85% in 5 Weeks
Hold on Tight!
Sailing the Great FMG --Mainsail -------------One WEEK at a Time--------&---------------One DAY at a Time

1702185476789.png
"The GOOD just get GOODER"
Naturally Hold on TIGHT to our Largest Holdings of RIO and then BHP

Sailing for IRON ORE -------------One WEEK at a Time------------------------&---------------One DAY at a Time

1702186496856.png
Salute and Stay Well
XYZ Yacht.GIFtbc

Crikey! These Bears are Persistent

TOP SHORTED STOCKS Data: 04/12/2023​

PLSPILBARA MIN LTD ORDINARY20.57%
SYRSYRAH RESOURCES ORDINARY14.54%
CXOCORE LITHIUM ORDINARY9.88%
IELIDP EDUCATION LTD ORDINARY9.45%
SYASAYONA MINING LTD ORDINARY9.32%
FLTFLIGHT CENTRE TRAVEL ORDINARY8.55%
GMDGENESIS MINERALS ORDINARY8.28%
BOQBANK OF QUEENSLAND. ORDINARY8.12%
PDNPALADIN ENERGY LTD ORDINARY7.13%
PENPENINSULA ENERGY LTD ORDINARY6.35%
HVNHARVEY NORMAN ORDINARY6.18%
SHVSELECT HARVESTS ORDINARY5.81%
LICLIFESTYLE COMMUNIT. ORDINARY5.55%
NECNINE ENTERTAINMENT ORDINARY5.53%
WBTWEEBIT NANO LTD ORDINARY5.52%
IMUIMUGENE LIMITED ORDINARY5.48%
STXSTRIKE ENERGY LTD ORDINARY5.45%
SLXSILEX SYSTEMS ORDINARY5.37%
LYCLYNAS RARE EARTHS ORDINARY5.34%
CHNCHALICE MINING LTD ORDINARY5.08%

We are doing extremely well with our 3 recent Bear Hunting Set of Sails presented to the Wind
Hold on Tight to our PLS & CXO --------So Far, So Good

Sailing the PLS -------------One WEEK at a Time----------------------------------&---------------One DAY at a Time
1702190420402.png
Sailing the CXO -------------One WEEK at a Time------------------------&---------------One DAY at a Time
1702190509538.png

LOWER the GMD at Dawn on the Open
Sailing the GMD -------------One WEEK at a Time------------------------&---------------One DAY at a Time
1702190596969.png
Salute and Stay Well
XYZ Yacht.GIF

Ahoy Brave and Loyal Crew--
I recon we could put on a bit more speed if we hoist more of the Copper Classification of sails at Dawn on Monday

At Dawn on the Open
HOIST in Quick Time our #3 (ie: 3rd) Magnificent Mainsail SFR

Sailing the #3 Magnificent SFR Mainsail ---One WEEK at a Time------&---------------One DAY at a Time
1702193844812.png
As you can see by the Chart above
I have high hopes
Salute and Gods' speed
XYZ Yacht.GIF

Fear not Brave and Sometimes Loyal Sea-Cadet Esky

We have a tight rope on our Lithium Sails
Hold on tight!

Sailing for LITHIUM --One WEEK at a Time -----&-------------One DAY at a Time --------------------&----------5 MINUTES at a Time
1702291929766.png
Salute and Gods' Speed
XYZ Yacht.GIF

Fear not Brave and Sometimes Loyal Sea-Cadet Esky

We have a tight rope on our Lithium Sails
Hold on tight!

Sailing for LITHIUM --One WEEK at a Time -----&-------------One DAY at a Time --------------------&----------5 MINUTES at a Time
View attachment 167069
Salute and Gods' Speed
View attachment 167070
Ah, my misdemeanors caught your attention....not easy being human is it? But in case you are jealous, you needn't be, Captain. Not sure where you're coming from; I'm having a stab in the dark.....you see, I can't be everywhere all the time, so please allow me to be unkind sometimes. But you know I am a good person and try my hardest to be good and loyal, haha.... and, I know, I can always rely on you...you're always so constant and predictable........

Ah, my misdemeanors caught your attention....not easy being human is it? But in case you are jealous, you needn't be, Captain. Not sure where you're coming from; I'm having a stab in the dark.....you see, I can't be everywhere all the time, so please allow me to be unkind sometimes. But you know I am a good person and try my hardest to be good and loyal, haha.... and, I know, I can always rely on you...you're always so constant and predictable........
He has the silent hidden codes teaching his grandkids to draw, colour, reading, learning n memorizing the Stock Market charts.
It's Grandpa's way or take the Plank way👹