Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

PNV - Polynovo Limited

Re: CZD - Calzada Limited

Calzada in its previous incarnation as Metabolic set an impressive benchmark in a SP crash after bad trial results, a couple of years ago.

Now (as CZD) they've recently become a substantial shareholder in Avexa (asx:AVX), following Avexa's almost as impressive dive following the abandonment of Avexa's lead product (Atricitabine "ATC").
Opinions vary as to whether CZD's objective is to soak up Avexa's remaining cash balance (some 25 $Mil, as I understand) or whether there isn't some more strategic vision thing happening.

Any thoughts from CZD's holders on this?

Discl: sad holder of AVX. :eek: I don't hold CZD.

I hold CZD but have no thoughts on it apart from the fact that it has lifted by over 50% in the last few days.

Calzada in its previous incarnation as Metabolic set an impressive benchmark in a SP crash after bad trial results, a couple of years ago.

Now (as CZD) they've recently become a substantial shareholder in Avexa (asx:AVX), following Avexa's almost as impressive dive following the abandonment of Avexa's lead product (Atricitabine "ATC").
Opinions vary as to whether CZD's objective is to soak up Avexa's remaining cash balance (some 25 $Mil, as I understand) or whether there isn't some more strategic vision thing happening.

Any thoughts from CZD's holders on this?

Discl: sad holder of AVX. :eek: I don't hold CZD.

I'm a sad Avexer as well!!

When I heard the news that AVX was cannibalising itself by closing ATC down, I thought there was something fishy going on. I thought someone was going to buy this moth-balled intellectual property and then do what the new board has recently achieved.

The aggression with which CZD came in also suggested something was on, so now AVX is back to having some future value (even if only as a takeover target). I need it to et back up to 10 cents before I break even.

Does anyone think it will do that?

On December 1st, 2014, Calzada Limited (CZD) changed its name and ASX code to Polynovo Limited (PNV).

Polynovo Limited looks like it has broken out today with a confident move through 60c, finishing the day up 12.96% at 61c. No announcement behind the jump in share price so perhaps there is some news around the corner?

PNV has had a great run up from sub-20c to 60c since August last year, although September to January were where most of those gains were.

big.chart-PNV.gif

Looks as good as any chart at the moment and there has been a bit of talk in the biotech space from what I can see on the charts.

I struggle with these smaller cap stocks which trade 'chunky' as I find buy the time I buy the high the move is half gone. As such I'll buy half size tomorrow and look to buy the rest if 62 cracks.

PNV.png

Full CY19 Tipping Comp

Trending up over the last year, and hopefully will BO-NH $0.625 to give a nice return

upload_2018-12-27_18-21-7.png

Seems to be going ok, went long last week.
Not sure why I haven't been in since late 2018.

(click to expand)
PNV W 270219.png

Price has just closed a gap on the chart going back to 2007 for those looking at the longer term picture.

This a a very good company with a very successful product. Almost selected it for this month's comp. Been a bit of a winner for me.

Presentation went well in NY. Looks to me like a breakout in the offing.

Very Exuberant buying today. Very rare that you get a daily candle closing outside of the Hull's Actvest (daily) upper cord which should signal a profit taking opportunity. I personally dont use a profit taker, but will interesting to see how it progresses over the coming weeks.

Very Exuberant buying today. Very rare that you get a daily candle closing outside of the Hull's Actvest (daily) upper cord which should signal a profit taking opportunity. I personally dont use a profit taker, but will interesting to see how it progresses over the coming weeks.

Polynovo is a small cap and has no research that I can find.
It has a product that works spectacularly well returns of nearly 50% over the last 5 years and is now rolling it out in the USA. The presentation in NY is worth reading.

As there is little research, fundamental investors that go to the effort of understanding the company can do well as they will be among a select few who have looked at it. I am having trouble pricing this company but it will be much easier to price in a years time.
I think the price could go easily to $2 within a year and I won't be selling at that price.

My simple system of Darvas, divergence between OBV and Siroc, break from P&F, break through CBL AND positive momentum in the trading all within 2 days saw me enter this one on 9th after the breaks the day before. Just to show how widely different systems work well. Anybody else done it differently?

pnv 15 Apr 19.jpg